- This event has passed.
Kizomba and Rhythm
December 20, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm$10 – $15
What we teach
Kizomba, derived from the traditional dances Semba (Angola) and Pasada (Cape Verde) among others, is a sensual partner dance coupled with music from Angola, Cape Verde and the Caribbean primarily sung in Portuguese or French Creole.
Why we teach
Our chief goal is for dancers, especially Kizomba dancers, new or improver, to learn to experience a different dance each time especially when dancing with the same partner to the identical song.
Like most dancers, dance is leisure so:
– Have fun
– Make the dance your own
– Listen to your dance music over and over until your very familiar
– Dance with EVERYONE in the dance community
– Turn your mistakes into possibly your signature move
– There is one leader, the music, and two followers:
– First follower follows the music
– Second follower follows first follower and the music
– Rhythm is key to a successful dance
On-going Class & Social
$15 / $10 with Student/Teacher ID